7 resources to help you create a low toxin /no nasties environment in your home.
The cat has been let out of the bag and continues to wreak havoc in our environment and on our health – (sorry cat lovers). This cat is the continuous release of new, untested chemicals onto the market and used daily.
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn
Think about this…
- the average woman exposes her face and body to at least 168 synthetic chemicals every day (EWG).
- At least 60% of what we put on our body is absorbed straight into the bloodstream without being filtered in any way.
- The fragrances/parfum used in many skincare and household products contain phthalates (lack of transparency) and these are considered to be endocrine disruptors.
- Of the 84,000-plus chemicals on the market, only 200 have been independently tested for safety.
- Many of these chemicals are considered endocrine disruptors, carcinogens and neurotoxins, and are linked to the growth of reproductive issues, cancers, allergies, intolerances and the list goes on.
- We don’t know how many of the chemicals affect us
- directly, or
- as a component of the cocktail of chemicals we consume or are exposed to daily,
- or the cumulative effect of using each chemical.
Now think about children and their exposure to these synthetic and natural chemicals and the effects of absorption into their blood streams.
So I have created a list of networks and organisations that can help you with your research and empower you to make informed choices
- NTN National Toxic Network
- FOE Friends of Earth
- TEC The Total environmental Centre
- MADGE Mothers Are Demystifying Genetic Engineering
- EWG Environmental Working Group
- WEN Womens environment network
- Chemical Maze
Over time I’ll let you know more about other resources to help you be better informed.
image credits: DeathToStock
Latest posts by Diana Barnett (see all)
- Celebrating Indigenous Enterprises and Collaborations - June 28, 2017
- June:Tidings |Moral Fairground | #MakeBigTalk |Competition - June 28, 2017
- Toxins found in city waste water - June 4, 2017
- Flowers say it all | A Natural Projection | - November 28, 2016
- Where is the “I” in Team | The Nest 2016 - November 14, 2016