Listening to ABC Radio National in the car the other day I heard Robyn Williams on the Science Show discussing how pervasive banned chemicals are. Based on samples taken from waste water treatment plants, scientists at the Research Center for Environmental Security at Arizona State University in Phoenix are able to analyse the health, the diets, and chemical exposures of the citizens of that city. It’s an interesting discussion to listen to. ABC Radio National Science Show Link. (9 mins) The samples they collect also reveals the population’s use of nicotine, pharmaceuticals and illicit drugs.
image: Unsplash – Adam Jang.
Latest posts by Diana Barnett (see all)
- Celebrating Indigenous Enterprises and Collaborations - June 28, 2017
- June:Tidings |Moral Fairground | #MakeBigTalk |Competition - June 28, 2017
- Toxins found in city waste water - June 4, 2017
- Flowers say it all | A Natural Projection | - November 28, 2016
- Where is the “I” in Team | The Nest 2016 - November 14, 2016